Doctor of Optometry – University of Waterloo School of Optometry
National Eye Research Foundation (U.S.) since 1997
Orthokeratology Academy of America since 2007
1973 – present: Solo family practice. Engaged in specialty contact lens fittings/ RGP and orthokeratology studies and research.
1973-1974: Laboratory instructor in physiological Optics at the School of Optometry, University of Waterloo
Lecturing in specialty contact lens fitting and orthokeratology at the annual educational meetings:
- Little Rock, Arkansas 2006
- University of Houston, Houston 2007
- San Diego 2008
- Pheonix 2009
Lecturing in orthokeratology in Hong Kong, China, Japan and at the School of Optometry, University of Waterloo.
2 papers accepted at the Global Orthokeratology Symposium 2002:
- Orthokeratology & IOP
- Orthokeratology through Nigh Therapy and the Long Term Corneal Cell Changes
Paper accepted at the Global Orthokeratology Symposium 2004:
- Long Term Clinical Results of Overnight Orthokeratology Lens Wear Using Controlled Tear Film Thickness Design Method
Winner of first place for the poster competition at the 2005 Annual Global Orthokeratology Symposium: "Orthokeratology: The Days After Tomorrow".
Poster accepted at the Specialty Lens Symposium, 2009:
- Daytime wear of Aspheric Lenses for Orthokeratology Effect: Managing Refractive Anomalies & Irregular Corneas with Aspheric Lens
Recipient of the Orthokeratology Academy of America Achievement Award 2007.
Paper presented at the 2004 Annual Meeting of the Contact Lens Association of Ophthalmologists.
Poster accepted at the annual American Academy of Optometrists Symposium, 2008:
- Long Term Orthokeratology Effect after Discontinuation based on Axial Length Change
Lecture presented at the annual American Academy of Optometrists Symposium (AAO), Anaheim, California, 2008:
- Aspheric Orthokeratology: Managing Refractive Anomalies with Gas Permeable Lenses with Illustrations
Lectures at the local community center on eye care & nutrition
Scientific papers published:
- A Study of the Central and Peripheral Refractive Power of the Cornea with Orthokeratology Treatment. International Contact Lens Clinic, Vol.21, July 1994; 132-135 (co-author: Dr. George Woo)
- A Study of Central and Peripheral Keratometric findings of Asian and Caucasians. Practical Optometry 1994;5(1):36-37 (co-author: Dr. George Woo)
- Corneal Curvature Findings Recorded by the EyeSys Corneal Analysis System Model 3 (CAS3), Practical Optometry 9:5, 1998; 174-176 (co-author:Dr. George Woo)
- Orthokeratology: The Days after Tomorrow. Clinical & Refractive Optometry 19:5, 2008; 153-156
Canadian Association of Optometrists
Ontario Association of Optometrists
Contact Lens Society of America
Contact Lens Association of Ophthalmologists
Orthokeratology Academy of America (Board of Directors 2007-2010)
Optometric Nutrition Society